Our longest-running annual photography show is slated to come down next week. That’s right, you’ve got one last weekend to see the 38 winning images that line the alley alongside Ellē for yourself. Check back soon for the next exhibit and, of course, stay tuned for announcements about our 2023 annual photography contest later this year.
- Join StreetMeetDC tomorrow at Rock Creek Park (Picnic Grove 24), 3-6 p.m.
- The 2022 Leica Picture of the Year is an image taken by legendary Magnum photographer Thomas Hoepker on a road trip in the USA in 1963.
- The United Nations is using before-and-after satellite imagery to track the destruction of Ukraine’s architecture, art, and historical sites.
- Images of an elderly woman hanging her laundry during COVID lockdown won the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2022.
- A California photographer thought he was taking a picture of a dolphin leaping in the air behind a surfer but it turned out to be a great white.
- Ever wonder what an ant looks like up close? You may wish you hadn’t after seeing for yourself.
- Vote for your favorite finalist in the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards through November 27.
- Photos show a new art installation draped over the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The work is done by by Austrian artist Katharina Cibulka who has been turning construction sites into feminist conversation pieces.