We had a great time connecting with longtime photography friends and meeting new ones at our happy hour last weekend; thanks for joining us! Our annual photography contest is open through January 30, so you can submit images anytime between now and then. We also invite you to tag your images on Instagram with #exposeddc and #ArtatMetrobarDC for a chance to be part of our regular features too. We love seeing the photos you create; keep ’em coming!
- Canon’s new image sensor can see in almost total darkness, building on existing technology that allows the camera to capture high amounts of detail with significantly less brightness required.
- Winners of The Architectural Photography Awards 2021 have been announced.
- The New York Times tells the story of the year in pictures.
- Photographer Dee Dwyer shares her experience getting to know more about the bike life culture of Washington, D.C.
- Hundred Heroines charity added 25 photographers to its ever-growing list of women influential to the field of photography.
- Twitter bans sharing photos of people without their express consent.
- Cool job alert: Tom O’Brien is looking for a Jr Photo Engineer. The position is based at National Geographic’s headquarters.