Join us and the U Street Neighborhood Association for a free photography class at Temperance Alley garden tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. Learn about the storied space, apply photography tips, and hear from our special guest, horticulturist James Gagliardi. Reserve your spot now here.
- Our 15th annual Exposed DC Photography Show officially wrapped up with a special projection night at Metrobar last weekend; thanks to everyone who joined us and supported the show in its various forms this year!
- “Look Hear Gallery,” a photo exhibition and celebration of Black culture and community, opens today at Dupont Underground, 4:00-8:00 p.m., $5-8.
- Mayor Bowser’s staff photographer Khalid Naji-Allah’s photo of Black Lives Matter Plaza now hangs at the National Portrait Gallery.
- Preview submissions to the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 and/or submit your own images as the deadline for different entrants varies from November to January.
- The rise of computer-generated product visualization could undercut traditional photography significantly according to recent research.
- Join 11:Eleven gallery for an opening reception of “Freezing Time: A Superpower” featuring fine art photography by Sabiyha Prince, Douglas Hochberg, Kirth Bobb, and Lionel Lloyd, tomorrow from 3:00-7:00 p.m., free.
- Artnet delves into analytics around the market for fine art photography.
- The grand prize winner of the 2021 Nature Conservancy photo contest captured a gorilla walking through a cloud of butterflies.