Thank you so much to everyone who joined us on Sunday for our annual photography show opening celebration! If you’d like to share feedback on your experience, here’s a brief survey. If you missed it, we shared a wrap-up post with some photos from the event as well as information about the exhibition. You can also view our virtual gallery and listen to some of the photographers talk about their images in the show. We’ve extended our Instagram contest deadline through June 21, so you have more time to check out the exhibition and participate. Our team is so grateful to everyone who helped make this show possible and to everyone who’s taking the time to come and see it!
- Congratulations to this year’s Photoworks Photo Slam winners: Shelby Swann, Matt Reaves, and Kristian Whipple, who is also featured in our current annual show!
- Join Tamron Image Master Jonathan Thorpe tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. on location in DC’s southwest waterfront as he demonstrates how to mix strobe and ambient light to create dramatic looking portraits outside of the studio.
- Attend a free virtual artist talk on June 17 at noon with Swedish artist and photographer Helene Schmitz to learn about her artist practice, how her work relates to climate change, and how art might shape and influence society.
- The DC Street Photography Collective returns to live events with two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Lucian Perkins on July 8 at Slash Run, $15.
- Last year’s PHmuseum Mobile Photography Prize awardees share the stories behind their images.
- Focus on the Story is giving away an Everyday Backpack from Peak Design during this year’s festival. Complete this form and attend events for additional entries into the drawing. View the full schedule of events here.
- Murdo MacLeod visited one of Scotland’s most remote habitats to photograph the world of the puffin.