Save the date for the opening of our annual photography show on Sunday, June 6 in Mount Pleasant! We look forward to seeing you all, viewing the photos in person at Lost Origins Outside, and celebrating another year of local photography and kicking off the 4th annual Focus on the Story International Photo Festival.
- Exposed alum and DCSPC member Chris Suspect will be working with Glen Echo Photoworks this summer on an 8-week intensive street photography class starting June 2, limited to 12 students, $899.
- Diversity in modeling is no longer simply a matter of race and ethnicity, size and age; it’s everything and anything, according to Robin Givhan.
- Join moderator Ibarionex Perello, host of The Candid Frame podcast and a Fujifilm X-Photographer, as he talks about finding your voice through your work with photographers Lukas Flippo, Sophia Li, and Gabriella Wyke on June 1 at 7:00 p.m. The talk is part of the Focus on the Story International Photo Fesitval, which is just around the corner; view the full schedule of events here.
- To mark it’s 15th anniversary, the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation launched the Environmental Photography Award to examine the relationship between people and the environment.
- The Museum of Modern Art is inviting people to join the MoMA Photo Club with monthly challenges inspired by the amateur photographers of Fotoclubismo, but take note of the terms (always read the fine print).
- Bachrach Photographers is recognized as one of the oldest continuously operated portrait studios in the world, capturing American moments through the generations.
- Albert Watson’s new book presents an expansive look into his career, showcasing his celebrity portraits, fashion, and landscape photography as well as travel diaries.
- A red-winged blackbird that refused to leave its chicks was recently caught escorting an osprey away from its nest.