We can’t wait to kick off our 13th annual show and celebrate local photography with everyone next week! Do you have your advance tickets for the February 13th opening reception yet? Grab them now and join us at Touchstone Gallery to see all the winning images on display, enjoy an open bar, and connect with photographers and art lovers!
- Head to the Leica Store DC on February 15 for the opening reception of Metropolis by Alan Schaller, 7-9 p.m.
- Focus on the Story wants to see your work that makes a difference, explores the human condition, or draws attention to underreported stories. Both series and single image entries are being accepted through March 13, and winners will receive cash prizes and more.
- Did a seal eat your vacation photos? Now THAT is a question you don’t hear often, but a biologist in New Zealand is genuinely asking as she tries to return a USB drive that was discovered in seal scat.
- Submit your photos for the next Community Collective pop-up show which will be held at the Creative Hands Studio on Sunday, March 10. The theme is “Light,” and the deadline for entries is next Friday, February 15.
- Victoria Pickering and Miki Jourdan, Exposed alum and featured photographers in our 2019 exhibit, have a new website called The Uncommon District. Check out their latest post to find out more about Jennifer Shannon, a performance artist featured in two photos in this year’s show.
- Jane Franklin and Fax Ayres combine dance and photography in the upcoming Second Glance at Alexandria’s Athenaeum.
- Stop Motion is seeking analog photography from the D.C. metro area for their next photo slideshow.
- The Photography Show has launched a new campaign, Women Who Photo, to highlight female photographers and filmmakers making an impact across various areas of the industry.