Get your tickets now for our huge May 11 opening of the 12th annual Exposed DC Photography Show! You don’t want to miss the 40 winning photographs displayed and projected throughout the Dupont Underground.
- Head to the National Gallery of Art this afternoon and tomorrow for a program on history, photography, and race in the South.
- National Geographic’s special monthly happy hour on April 19 will focus on Unexpected Origins, 5:30-8 p.m., $20.
- Dayanita Singh, frustrated with the conventional gallery format, has taken to creating portable “pocket museums” instead for her latest exhibition.
- George Rodriguez talks about his experience with photography of two very different types in L.A.
- Elaborately made-up toy cars are the star of Carlos Hernandez’s recreated movie scenes.
- WTOP reviews the biography of Berenice Abbott out this week by Julia Van Haaften, founding curator of the New York Public Library’s photography collection.
- If you ❤ analog photography you will probably ❤ this mini-documentary tribute to it.
- It’s plastic as far as the eye can see in this series by conservation photographer Pete Oxford.
- “The key to storm chasing is to not end up being chased by the storm.”