Have you checked out the MVT Photo Walk yet? The second exhibit launched earlier this month. If you’d like to be a part of a future exhibit, we’re excited to announce an open call for entries. Find our more and submit here by November 1.
- Register now to join artist Wang Qingsong in conversation with Hirshhorn curator Betsy Johnson on September 28 as they discuss the creation of his heavily staged photographs and the use of photography as a tool to comment on culture and society.
- Yelp is seeking its first-ever official food photographer to serve a two-month term and receive $10,000.
- Exposed alum Julian Thomas is hosting a hands-on photography workshop on mastering the essentials of artificial lighting on September 23 from 12:00-4:00 p.m., $250.
- Fine art photographer David Teran is running a Kickstarter campaign for a book featuring 100+ ballerinas photographed on black and white film with a Hasselblad.
- The National Museum of Women in the Arts (NMWA) will reopen to the public on October 21 with free admission and festivities for opening weekend. Tickets are available now for NMWA members and on September 19 for non-members. Exhibits on display will include early works by pioneering photographers Yevonde and Berenice Abbott.
- SanDisk presents the winners of The Mono Awards, a celebration of the best black and white photography that is now in its fifth year.
- StreetMeet is heading on a retreat! Reserve your spot for a 3-night getaway in Shenandoah, VA from October 15-18, $450.
- Photo Artfolio launched its inaugural online exhibit, “Lightvisions,” with more exhibits and open calls on the horizon.