We’ll be announcing the winners of our annual contest next week! Check back for the official announcement and then join us on Wednesday, March 1 for a celebratory happy hour at 801 Restaurant & Bar from 6-8 p.m. We’ll catch up in person (finally!) and toast to the winners. Looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing our love for local photography!
- Tomorrow is the last day to catch the DC Street Photography Collective’s “Hiding in Plain Sight” exhibit at Project Create Arts Center. Join them for a closing party and see the winners of their open call on display along with members’ work.
- Reserve a spot to join Exposed alum Messay Shoakena at Photoworks tomorrow from 2:00-4:00 p.m. for an artist talk and demonstration.
- Kieth Kozloff’s “Veiled Memories” exhibit opens at the Park View Gallery at Glen Echo with a reception on February 25, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- The National Gallery of Art exhibit “This is Britain” consists of about 45 recently acquired prints and some photo magazines from the 1970s and 1980s.
- Cheryl Miller filed a copyright infringement claim against an artist who allegedly replicated her 1980 photograph as a painting.
- The Plants for Birds entries in the 2022 Audubon Photography Awards show the connection between birds and native plants.
- Reserve a spot to join Shedrick Pelt at the DC History Center to celebrate the release of his new book “District Postcard Views” on February 24, 5:00-7:00 p.m., free.
- The 16 largest photography companies in the world have just been revealed with Sony overtaking Canon and a few other surprises.
- An art gallery owner is under investigation for defrauding clients, with $1.6 million worth of photos vanishing.