We’d like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving in advance as we’ll be taking next week off for the holiday. Thank you all for being part of this amazing community!
- Through photos and interviews taken in three DC neighborhoods — Congress Heights, Park View, and Stronghold — the “Dap is a Love Language” exhibit invites viewers to appreciate the familiar greeting, and consider how, just like we do, dap exists in multitudes. Head to the Anacostia Arts Center tomorrow night for the opening reception from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Join Photoworks tonight for the opening reception of Bruce Falkinburg’s retrospective exhibit, 7-9:30 p.m. You can leave a condolence for the late darkroom photography teacher and dear friend of Photoworks.
- You can also register for Photoworks free, monthly Photo Matters meeting this Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Ben Bair worked as an Artemis engineer by day and a launch photographer by night.
- The Natural Landscape Photography Awards 2022 announced the winners of the second annual competition.
- Growing concern has photographers pulling back from photoshoots in San Francisco due to attempted and successful robbery attempts.
- A 73-year-old man had to be rescued from a peat bog in Wales when he slipped trying to take a picture of the sunset.
- Join StreetMeetDC tomorrow at Logan Circle, 2-5 p.m.