Join us tomorrow night at Lost Origins Gallery for an artist talk and end of summer party! Hear from some of the photographers featured in our annual show and find out about upcoming shows and projects at the gallery. Please note this event will be from 7-10 p.m. at the indoor gallery space at 3110 Mt Pleasant St NW. Images will be projected during the discussion, and the full exhibit can still be viewed in the alley next to Ellē.
- Local photographer Mariah Miranda (who has documented several of our events beautifully) is having a business anniversary party this Sunday at Eaton House, 3-8 p.m. with a workshop, portrait pop-up, and a reception. The event is free but registration is required.
- Exposed alum Alain Gutierrez will be leading a Washington Photo Safari session at the Bealeton Flying Circus Air Show this Sunday at 1:00 p.m., $129.
- Two astrophotographers teamed up to produce a photo of the moon made up of over 200,000 shots; the editing process took them over nine months.
- As part of the Spark Training Program outreach, Wildfire Media shares funding opportunities for artists and photographers.
- The Royal Meteorological Society announced the latest photos to make the shortlist for the Weather Photographer of the Year.
- An original print of Yousuf Karsh’s portrait of Winston Churchill is missing after staff at a hotel in Ottawa realized that someone had swapped it for a fake.
- NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope does it again; this time showcasing Jupiter in greater detail than previously seen.
- A Tennessee couple’s engagement photos taken at an Olive Garden garnered so much attention that the restaurant will be sending them on an all-expenses paid trip to Italy after the wedding.