We’re excited to announce an extended run for the 2022 Annual Exposed DC Photography Show at Lost Origins Outside! The show was originally slated to come down this Sunday, but it’ll stay up a bit longer; more updates to follow soon. We also want to congratulate our #2022XDC giveaway winners, with the Capital Photographer Center gift certificate going to @bytes.of.life and the SpyderX Pro monitor calibrator going to @rickruggles2!
- You’ve probably already seen the stunning images from the James Webb telescope; this site compares these newer images with ones taken by the Hubble.
- The 2022 Audubon Photography Awards includes a Top 100, spreading the love beyond the eight official winners and five honorable mentions.
- Photoworks is compiling memories and condolences for fine art photographer, mentor, and educator Bruce Falkinburg who passed away earlier this month.
- Join APA | DC tomorrow from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for a photo assistant workshop in Hyattsville, $5 for APA members and $15 for non-members.
- Egypt has relaxed their street photography ban, while restrictions remain in place for photographing children and commercial photography.
- Leica Camera announced the twelve finalists for the 42nd annual Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photography competition.
- Petworth Neighborhood Library is hosting a photo contest for kids ages 5-12. Entries are due by July 29 at 6 p.m., and winning photos will be displayed in the library.