Join us, Focus on the Story, and Photoworks this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at metrobar for happy hour before Photo Slam 2022. Stick around for the live photo competition with images projected on the big screen. This year’s judges are Farrah Skeiky, Sharon Farmer, Lou Jacobson, and our very own Noe Todorovich. They’ll be reviewing the submissions live with host and national poetry slam winner, Regie Cabico, as photographers compete to win a 2023 gallery show at Photoworks at Glen Echo Park.
- The request for applications to the FY23 Art Bank Program from the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities closes today at 4 p.m.
- Summer of StreetMeet closes this weekend with an edit and chill meet on Sunday at Dew Drop Inn.
- Claudio Contreras Koob has been obsessed with flamingos since he was four years old and is sharing his passion in a new photography book.
- Saatchi Art announced a jury-curated NFT auction featuring works by 50 fine art photographers.
- Adobe recently announced various Lightroom and Photoshop features, and it looks like Photoshop on the Web will be free for everyone in the future.
- Our annual photography show is on view through July 24 at Lost Origins Outside; if you catch it before June 30, you can share an image on Instagram to take part in our giveaway for a chance to win a $100 gift certificate for Capital Photography Center or a SpyderX Pro monitor calibrator.
- Chiron Duong’s “365 days with Ao Dai” project infuses mystery and motion in capturing the traditional Vietnamese garment.