Did you join us for the opening of the 16th annual Exposed DC Photography Show? We’d love to get your feedback in this brief survey. We also received the full set of images from the day that was beautifully captured by Mariah Miranda, and you can view our album on Facebook. The exhibition will be on view at Lost Origins Outside and in our virtual gallery through July 24.
- The American Photographic Artists – DC Chapter is hosting two free virtual events this month as part of Focus on the Story 2022: a session on financial planning advice (June 14 at 11 a.m.) and a Pride month exclusive conversation with photographer Amy Scott, founder of Queer the Lens (June 22 at noon).
- The Library of Congress pared down their extensive photography collection from 15 million to 3,000 to 440 images for their recent exhibit, “Not an Ostrich: And Other Images from America’s Library.”
- Canon’s new EOS R7 is already on backorder, shortly after being announced.
- Cheriss May (one of our awesome Best in Show judges) is leading a two-day portrait photography workshop with Leica Akademie on June 25 and 26, $899.99.
- A wildlife photographer captured two bald eagles locking talons in the sky.
- Join StreetMeetDC outside the Takoma Metro Station tomorrow at 5 p.m. for their second weekend of Summer of StreetMeet.
- Thierry Ardouin unveils the stunning diversity of plants through macro photography of seeds.
- The Photographers’ Gallery transformed a collection of little-used streets and alleyways in London into a new permanent art gallery.
- A new exhibition delves into Magnum photographers’ assignments done on commission.