Stop by the DC History Conference today from 1-3 p.m. to say hello to us during the History Network expo at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. We’re also looking forward to our virtual roundtable with Photoworks on Thursday, April 7 at 7:00 p.m. Register to join us for the special spring session and share a fave image with the group for live feedback.
- Ukrainian documentary and portrait photographer Alexander Chekmenev has been visually chronicling his country’s post-Soviet life since the 1990s, and his recent series of portraits show citizens of Kyiv.
- On April 12, Glencarlyn Public Library is hosting an evening of news photography and history with Gerald Martineau, a retired photographer for The Washington Post.
- Canon announced the winners of its sustainability-themed “Moments that Matter” photography competition.
- A wildlife photographer got up real close when a great grey owl swooped in and landed on her lens.
- Photographer Gary He spent three months embedded in a New York City restaurant, Saigon Social, to capture what it faced during the Omicron surge for The New York Times.
- The first-ever institutional survey of artist Marcia Resnick looks at how she pushed photography to its conceptual boundaries during the 70s and 80s.
- Black Women Photographers and Live Nation Urban are partnering to hire Black women photographers nationwide to shoot music festivals and concerts.
- The next installment of The Photography Show and Video Show’s series of free online sessions will focus on macro photography with Geraint Radford on April 7 at 2:30 p.m. EDT.