February is moving quickly, with just a few days left of the Olympics and one week until we announce the winners of our annual photography contest! Check back next week for the official announcement. Here are some links to hold you over in the meantime.
- Abbey Road Studios has launched the first ever photography competition and official awards to recognize the art of music imagery.
- Falls Church Arts Gallery’s “Near and Far” exhibition explores the “heights and depths and macro world of photography.”
- An aerial photograph of two boats fishing for anchovies in Vietnam won the Save Our Seas Foundation Marine Conservation category of the Underwater Photographer of the Year 2022 award.
- Graciela Iturbide reflects on her life in photography. You can view more of her work in the Guardian here.
- Photographers explore the connection between capitalism and the camera.
- See the winners from the 2021 Ocean Art underwater photography contest.
- The five members of the International Olympic Photo Pool all employ robotics to augment their wire offerings and provide bird’s-eye views of sports like hockey and, of course, the opening ceremony.
- The World Photography Organisation, which organizes the Sony World Photography Awards and PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai, announced a partnership with Photo London.