Hope everyone stayed safe and warm during the snow this week–our first major snow event here in years! Capital Weather Gang staff and readers captured some beautiful wintry scenes around the region. You may recognize a few familiar names in the captions and may even want to consider entering stellar snow pics of your own to our annual photo contest before the deadline on January 30!
- The 16th Annual Washington Gardener Magazine Photo Contest is accepting entries through January 21.
- Iconic images captured by NASA photographers in the 1960s are currently available on Artnet Auctions.
- Photoworks’ 2021 Reflection Video recaps events and photos from last year. There’s still time to register for upcoming winter classes too!
- Don’t forget to tag your Instagram images with #ArtatMetrobarDC for a chance to be part of our monthly projection exhibits at metrobar, co-curated with Focus on the Story.
- Andrew McCarthy documented Comet Leonard over the Arizona horizon in a composite of 25 separate shots.
- The 28th annual Harbin Ice Festival opened this week in northeastern China with huge lighted sculptures made of ice.
- An Israeli wildlife photographer captured a flock of birds forming the shape of a spoon complete with a heap of sugar.