We love seeing the images that you’re tagging on Instagram for our new monthly projection show with Focus on the Story at Metrobar. Keep up the great work and be sure to tag #ArtAtMetrobarDC if you’d like to see your picture up on the big screen.
- Join Photoworks for their monthly Coffee & Critique session this Sunday at 10:00 a.m., free. Must have images to attend.
- The American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) announced an exclusive collaboration with PetaPixel to bring the latest industry news and opinion to a new weekly show as part of the recently launched ASMP Academy.
- Cristina Mittermeier, a marine biologist and activist who pioneered the field of conservation photography, shares how photography and storytelling can turn apathy into climate action.
- Winners of the environmental photographer of the year competition, organized by environmental and water management charity CIWEM and WaterBear, have been announced. You can vote for the people’s choice award through December 1.
- Lafayette College in Pennsylvania has been gifted a collection of more than 1,600 civil rights movement-era photographs worth $10 million.
- Two cousins salvaged a film-development machine that is now part of their Take It Easy Film Lab that processes more than 200 rolls a day for clients garnered almost entirely from Instagram.
- Josef Koudelka donated more than 2,000 photographs to four institutions in the Czech Republic; early in his career, he was a secret dissident documenting life behind the Iron Curtain and smuggling his negatives out to be distributed by Magnum Photos.