Exposed DC and Focus on the Story are launching a monthly projection show, featuring the work of D.C.-area photographers. The projection will be shown during the evenings at metrobar, a new outdoor venue and event space in northeast D.C. We’re looking to showcase images that explore life in the D.C. metro area. Tag your Instagram images #ArtAtMetrobarDC to be considered for the monthly exhibit.
- Join WPOW tomorrow from 4-7 p.m. in Mount Pleasant for the opening of their 13th Annual Juried Exhibition, including presentations by two winners who will share insights about their work.
- Visit the “Coffee & Critique Exhibition” in person at Photoworks as well as online through November 29. A free artist talk will be held this Sunday at 7 p.m. on Zoom.
- Winners of the Feature Shoot Emerging Photography Awards 2021 include the return of Black ballroom, storm chasing, and more.
- Black Women Photographers (BWP) is now accepting submissions of original work. To be considered, you must identify as a Black woman or a Black non-binary photographer and be a member of BWP.
- Olaf Otto Becker’s photo series documents the melting glaciers along 4,000 kilometers of Greenland’s coast.
- Winners of this year’s British Ecological Society photography competition have been announced.
- A photojournalist with the Pensacola News Journal documented a highly atypical police chase when law enforcement spent an hour trying to chase down a runaway potbellied pig.