See Exposed DC on the big screen! Let’s keep our 15th exhibition going with a projection night at Metrobar, featuring the 2021 contest winners. Join us on Saturday, September 25 at 7 p.m. to celebrate local photography at this outdoor establishment that is all about keeping things local!
- Photoworks Gallery is hosting a gallery reception tonight from 6-8 p.m. for “Under the Influence,” which celebrates the influence and work of Frank P. “Tico” Herrera, a founding member of Photoworks who taught at Glen Echo for more than 45 years.
- Exposed DC is seeking new Board members; we want creative and enthusiastic minds to figure out how the next chapter of the Exposed DC photography community can be as vibrant as the last 15 years. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. (Psst, you don’t have to be a photographer!)
- Shin Sugino travelled to Nova Scotia to recreate a tintype portrait taken 45 years earlier in the same space that is a nod to the original tintype parlour of 1867.
- Sigma and Samy’s Camera are hosting a live online water drop photography workshop on September 14 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern.
- Take a peek at some of this year’s shortlisted images from the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
- Emilio Morenatti, a photographer who lost his leg in Afghanistan in 2009, traveled across the country to talk with five Paralympians.
- The National Museum of Women in the Arts announces recent major collection acquisitions, including works by Diane Smith and Mary Ellen Mark.
- The finalists for this year’s Ocean Photography Awards have just been released with winners to be announced over the coming days.
- Check out the latest photography awards and opportunities in PHmuseum’s roundup.