See Exposed DC on the big screen! Join us on Saturday, September 25 at 7:00 p.m. at Metrobar for a special projection night, featuring the 2021 contest winners. We’ll celebrate local photography at this outdoor establishment that is all about keeping things local!
- Exposed DC is seeking new Board members; we want creative and enthusiastic minds to figure out how the next chapter of the Exposed DC photography community can be as vibrant as the last 15 years. Join us! (Psst, you don’t have to be a photographer!) APPLY NOW
- Nicoló Filippo Rosso documents how mass migration and its ripple effects are upending lives across Latin America.
- Exposed alum Geoff Livingston is hosting a series of six free workshops at the Strongin Collection throughout September.
- An exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum documents East Baltimore, decades before the dawn of the selfie era, as captured by Linda Rich.
- “FINGIR: Somewhere Between,” part of a project showcasing artists from the Central American diaspora, opens tonight at Dupont Underground. Reserve tickets online, $8 + fees.
- Yasuhiro Wakabayashi, the Japanese American photographer known as Hiro, died earlier this month at the age of 90.
- Photoworks issued a call for entries for an upcoming online exhibition, “Official | Unofficial DC!” to be juried by Sharon Farmer. The entry fee is $25 and includes up to 5 images with a deadline of September 15.
- Wildlife photographer Ajar Setiadi captures his pet frogs playing in his garden, even using flowers as umbrellas.