Just a few days left to view the outdoor installation of our 15th anniversary Exposed DC Photography Show in Mount Pleasant! Join the Exposed DC team and some of the exhibiting photographers on Sunday from 1-3 p.m. for a closing celebration. If you’re bummed about the show coming down, remember you can always purchase any of the winning images. And stay tuned for another great show coming to Lost Origins Outside soon after!
- Professional photographer Verity Milligan discusses her love/hate relationship with social media as a creative trying not to put too much emphasis on the number of likes images receive.
- A photography instructor bans 18-55mm kit lenses in her undergraduate editorial photography class, sparking some lively discussions on Reddit.
- JAY-Z has filed a lawsuit against Jonthan Mannion, who shot the iconic cover for his debut album, over the photographer’s selling photos and profiting off his likeness without the rapper’s permission.
- “The New Woman Behind the Camera” exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art features 120 women photographers who worked during the 20th century.
- Watchmaker Blancpain is partnering with the Ocean Photography Awards and launching the Female Fifty Fathoms Award for women photographers.
- The 2021 Audubon Photography Awards winners and honorable mentions were announced this week. This year, the contest also accepted video submissions.
- Hungarian photographer Istvan Kerekes has spent the last 15 years documenting the shepherding communities of Transylvania, capturing the bonds they have with their herds beautifully.
- Exposed alum Chris Suspect shares about his photography career to date on the first episode of Beyond the Frame, which includes his image in our 2021 show. Heads-up: there’s also some NSFW content.