Join us tonight at 6 p.m. for a virtual roundtable to chat with fellow photographers, share images, and discuss where we find inspiration. Register here to get all the details and info on uploading images.
- For Photoworks first online benefit, faculty and artists donated prints to their annual photo raffle. The donated artwork can now be viewed in an online exhibition.
- California-based photographer Chanell Stone challenges traditional nature photography by focusing on an often overlooked kind of landscape—the natural beauty found within cities.
- Sheila Pree Bright and Cheriss May will share how certain moments shaped their memories and its influence on documenting future political and cultural affairs as part of the #LeicaConversations series on Thursday, March 18 at 4:00 p.m. on Zoom.
- Naomi Rosenblum, historian of photography and author of seminal works about the field, died last month at the age of 96. Her books provided a global perspective of photography as well as traced the accomplishments of women photographers.
- Winners of the 2020 World Nature Photography Awards have been announced.
- Product photographer Barry Mountford shares tips for simple lighting setups at home in a video demonstration that can be viewed for free, along with other talks and sessions from The Photography Show: Spring Shoots.
- Photograph the tulip magnolias around the Smithsonian Castle this coming week with Washington Photo Safari, $74, with three sessions available.