It’s been a while since we’ve had a virtual roundtable, and we’d love to see and hear what you all have been up to lately. Join us next Friday, March 12 at 6 p.m. for a session focused on finding inspiration. You can share an image and whatever inspired you in creating it–a famous photograph, painting, life experience, etc. If you’d like to take part, please register here to get all the details including how to upload your image!
- The Leica Women Foto Project will feature photographers from around the world, highlighting their unique perspectives and experiences within photography.
- A photographer puts Polaroid images through a ritualistic “disinfecting” process using water, sanitizer, soap, bleach, Dettol, and other household cleaners to metaphorically reveal the unseen virus in her pictures.
- The ten-day Medium Festival of Photography kicks off this week with online workshops, seminars, portfolio reviews, lectures, virtual studio tours, and keynotes from notable working photographers.
- Here are five things that Digital Camera World is looking forward to for this weekend’s Photography Show Spring Shoots virtual event.
- Russian photographer Daniel Kordan captures the glow of flickering fireflies at they populate a dense bamboo forest in Japan.
- She Explores and Columbia Sportswear will be chatting with photojournalist Lynsey Addario on Instagram Live this Monday at noon.
- Atlanta photographers Regis and Kahran Bethencourt make kids’ wildest dreams come true in portrait sessions inspired by their imagination.
- This month, the AU Photo Collective is presenting a series of three Zoom talks featuring 4 photographers on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., starting on March 10 with Nate Larson, a contemporary artist working with photographic media, artist books, and digital video.
- Wu-Tang Clan announced their new photobook “Wu-Tang Clan: Legacy,” which will be strictly limited to 36 copies, each of which will be encased in its very own bronze-encrusted steel chamber.