It’s the last weekend before our 2021 photography contest closes. Be sure to submit your best images of the D.C. metro area by Wednesday, January 27 at 11:59 p.m.! We look forward to reviewing all of the submissions and announcing the winners in early February.
- Winning images from the Life in Another Light photo contest explore how things look from a different perspective and how light can expand our imagination and creative potential.
- Sign up for the Center for Photographic Art’s online artist talk with David Freese where he’ll discuss getting a photography book published on Friday, January 29–free for members and $10 for others. Note that times listed may be in a different time zone.
- Focus on the Story invites you to submit images that tell the story of the end of the Trump presidency and the beginning of the Biden-Harris administration for their book, “Transition: The End of an UnPresidented Four Years,” which is being funded through a Kickstarter campaign.
- Photojournalists documented the inauguration of Joe Biden on Wednesday as well as the related events around the city.
- Join Leica Store DC today at 4 p.m. on Zoom for Cameras, Coffee & Conversation with D.C. based freelance photojournalist, David Butow.
- Buffalo-based photographer Doug Levere takes viewers up close and personal with incredibly detailed shots of snowflakes.
- The 15th Annual Washington Gardener Magazine Photo Contest closes today at midnight.
- Actor Jason Lee discusses his new photo book “In The Gold Dust Rush,” a collection of black and white images shot throughout the midwest from 2008-2020.
- Flickr announced the winners of “Your Best Shot 2020” earlier this week. Ten finalists were selected from over 18,000 submissions.