As 2020 gets underway, we’re hard at work preparing another great annual photography show for you all! Make sure to save the date for our big opening reception on Wednesday, February 19 from 6-9 p.m. at Touchstone Gallery. Now on to some Friday Links…
- Present Tense: DC Punk and DIY Right Now, featuring the work of Farrah Skeiky, opens on Friday, January 18 at Transformer with a reception from 6-8 p.m.
- Initial reports indicate photography trends for 2020 will include more “real and raw” images, bold colors, and use of photography to support more causes.
- 202Creates is accepting applications for The Creative Affairs Office Residency Program: Session 5, Winter 2020. Applications are due by the end of the month.
- A photographer visiting Qatar in late December captured an annular eclipse at sunrise that took on a more sinister look given the conditions of the day.
- In need of a new headshot? The Vibe Room is offering free headshots at WeWork Chinatown on January 23 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Join Washington DC History & Culture for a guided tour of the Rosa Parks exhibition and Library of Congress next Saturday, January 18 from 9:15-11:15 a.m., $10.
- A traffic camera in Montreal captured footage of a snowy owl looking for a spot to perch.
- The Smithsonian’s National Museum of Asian Art is hosting a talk on how social media is changing the social conditions for women in Iran and the role of the camera in art and daily life, this Sunday from 4-5 p.m.