Our annual photography contest will be open through December 12, so you have just under a month to submit your favorite images that show what you love about living in the D.C. metro area. Don’t have that perfect picture yet? There’s still time to go out there and get it! Perhaps you’ll find some inspiration from previous years’ winners or some Friday Links…
- BlackRock Center for the Arts is having a gallery reception tomorrow for the opening of Captured Light: Current Photographic Processes, a regional juried photography exhibition, free, 3 p.m.
- 52 O Street Studios will be holding its open house tomorrow from 12-6 p.m., and Street Meet DC will be there to check it out.
- Join the DC Street Photography Collective (DCSPC) at Slash Run on November 20 at 8 p.m. for a night of photography featuring a presentation by NYC-based street photographer Reuben Radding and a photo critique with Radding and members of the DCSPC, $10.
- A D.C.-based nonprofit is looking for a photographer who specializes and/or has experience in product photography, specifically photographing books for marketing purposes, i.e. print, web, social, etc. This is not a one time gig, they are looking for a person they can work with throughout the year on various book publications. If this is you, or if you know someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your product portfolio and rates.
- There are still spots available for Momenta Workshops’ Marketing for Photographers at Lost Origins Gallery tomorrow, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., $180 with 50% of the proceeds being donated to two photo-related charities.
- As news of the latest fake TIME cover featuring State Department official Mina Chang circulates, TIME shares some of the ways you can identify a fake cover.
- The deadline for the Falls Church Arts fine art photography show has been extended to midnight on November 24.