In case you missed it, our annual photography contest is officially open for entries! We want to see the best images you’ve taken that showcase our nation’s capital as the place where we live, work, and love. Gather your favorite photos you’ve taken so far or get inspired to capture new ones. You have until December 12 at midnight to submit to the contest.
- Head to Dupont Underground tonight for the opening reception of the World Press Photo Exhibition, 6:30-10:00 p.m., $25-35. The exhibit represents the best visual journalism of the past year with images exploring a wide range of topics.
- American University Museum at the Katzen Arts Center’s late fall opening reception tomorrow from 6-9 p.m. includes two photography exhibits.
- David Sorrenti’s mother reflects on her late son, whose photography she’s anthologized in a new book.
- Join local photographer and Exposed alum, Amanda Archibald, for a Mobile Photography Workshop on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Steadfast Supply in Ballston Quarter, $40. The course covers everything from capturing powerful pictures on your camera phone to using the most essential editing apps.
- Leica Store D.C. is hosting a Leica Q Owners Workshop on Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., $199.
- Stop Motion is seeking documentary photography from D.C., Maryland, and Virginia for their final volume of the year.
- A new book explores what it was like to photograph Audrey Hepburn and includes rare photos.