Join us tonight for an opening reception to celebrate our latest exhibition in the Crystal City Fotowalk that features images from all over the United States taken by 64 local photographers. Some of the Exposed DC team and featured photographers will be there, so swing on by to say hello!
- After the Fotowalk opening, head to Lost Origins Gallery for the opening of Robin Bell’s “Refractions,” 7-10 p.m.
- Join Exposed alum Geoff Livingston for a street art and mural photography class offered through Capital Photography Center this Sunday, 8-11 a.m., $99.
- A commercial photographer shares his experience with “piggyback” shoots, where clients have both video productions and still photography projects occur simultaneously.
- Thomas Joshua Cooper travels to the world’s most remote places to make a single photograph for his project “The Atlas of Emptiness and Extremity,” encountering all sorts of life-threatening conditions along the way.
- Jessica Lange talks about her passion for being on the other side of the lens with a new book and gallery show on the horizon.
- Jennifer Adler shares how she uses her background in science to raise environmental awareness through her photography, with some great insight for all photographers.
- Check out this round-up of photography grants and awards from various organizations.