Join us on Wednesday, July 24 from 6-8 p.m. for our monthly happy hour at Blackfinn DC! Escape the heat and grab a drink while chatting about all things photography and beyond.
- Winners of the Women Photograph grants have been selected from over 1,300 entrants.
- Focus on the Story and Lost Origins Gallery are presenting a free screening of Lucian Perkins’ documentary, “The Messengers,” on July 30 at 7 p.m.; reserve your spot now.
- Don’t forget to check out the 50th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11 at the Washington Monument tonight and tomorrow. You can also take a look at the role photography played in the moon missions.
- Niki Boon’s black and white photography offers a glimpse into her family’s life on 10 acres in rural New Zealand and a lifestyle that many might consider unconventional.
- The second annual Latin American Foto festival features a range of photographers from the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Forget the man cave, Brett Stanley has an underwater studio at his house that he’s turned into surreal dreamscapes with themes ranging from Beetlejuice to baroque.
- View the famous canals of Venice, Italy, in the quiet of the night in French photographer Thibaud Poirier’s beautiful photos showing a different side of the city.
- Amazon accidentally sold camera gear worth over $13,000 for just $100 on Prime Day.
- Instagram is testing hiding the number of likes on images (only in Australia initially) in an attempt to “reduce pressure” on users.