Our new exhibit in the Crystal City Fotowalk will be going up this weekend! The exhibit will feature 62 photographers whose images explore how color is seen and captured through photography. Join us next Friday, April 5 from 5-7 p.m. for an opening reception in conjunction with Gallery Underground as part of Crystal City’s First Fridays!
- Don’t forget about Birch’s solo show at Rosslyn CAFE tonight, 6-8 p.m. Distinct Seasons is a series of photographs that celebrates the four distinct seasons we experience each year as Washingtonians.
- StreetMeetDC is celebrating 4 years at tomorrow’s meet up at 10th and U Street NW, 2 p.m.
- Today at 10 a.m., an early photography symposium, “Pictures with Purpose,” will feature photography and visual culture scholars discussing the meaning and significance of early works by and about African American image makers.
- Mel D. Cole has spent the last two decades photographing iconic and intimate moments in hip-hop.
- Digital Trends shares a little about these 14 women who influenced the art of photography in honor of Women’s History Month.
- Lisa Elmaleh has been photographing musicians all around Appalachia using the wet-plate tintype process developed in the mid 1850s.
- Check out Capital Photography Center’s upcoming classes to sign up for a cherry blossom photo shoot, learn about how to better use Photoshop or Lightroom, and more.