Photo by Adil B.
We’ll be taking next week off, so we’ll wish everyone an early Happy Thanksgiving and remind you about some events happening the last week in November. Our annual contest will also be opening in early December, so stay tuned for more news about that soon!
- Sign up for a time slot at Leica Pro Discovery Day this Sunday to have John Kreidler create and print your portrait with both the Leica S3 and the Leica SL. Compare the results to see the difference between medium and 35mm format cameras.
- The National Gallery of Art hosts a curator talk this Sunday focused on the new Gordon Parks exhibit, 2 p.m.
- The Community Collective’s inaugural pop-up series featuring 15 pieces by Exposed alum Marci Lindsay will be this Sunday at 52 O Street Studios, 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Documentary photographer Daniella Zalcman and photographer Matika Wilbur of the Swinomish and Tulalip peoples of coastal Washington will explore different perspectives on modern Native communities through powerful photography, on November 27 at National Geographic, 7:30-9:00 p.m., $25.
- Join ASMP DC for Chris Buck’s artist talk at the Smithsonian American Art Museum on November 28, 7:00-8:30 p.m. The event is free, but tickets are required. Book signing and meet and greet to follow.
Head to the Leica Store DC for a political optics photography talk with photojournalist David Butow on November 29, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Earlier this week, Sony announced the winners of its new Alpha Female Creators-in-Residence program.
- Get a glimpse of the series that made the shortlist for the second year of the PHMuseum Women Photographer Grant. Winners will be announced on December 4.