Photo by Jordan Barab
Halloween has passed, and the leaves have started to change. Join us for a proper fall happy hour on Tuesday, November 13 at Meridian Pint.
- Join Austin Graff and Angela Pan tomorrow for a photowalk of Anacostia, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., free.
- This Sunday, Gordon Parks The New Tide, Early Work 1940–1950 opens at the National Gallery of Art. The exhibit is the first to focus on this formative decade of Parks’ career.
- There are various options for visiting Cuba nowadays. Learn about the tour that introduces you to the photographers who documented Castro’s rebellion as well as some contemporary photographers.
- Pre-register now to attend Chris Buck’s artist talk happening on November 28 at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Documentary photographer Daniella Zalcman and Matika Wilbur of the Swinomish and Tulalip peoples of coastal Washington will explore different perspectives on modern Native communities through powerful photography, on November 27 at National Geographic.
- Join Exposed alum Amanda Archibald this Sunday for an intro to product styling workshop at Steadfast Supply, 1:00-3:00 p.m., $35.
- Yohei Shimada roams the streets of Japan during Halloween as Cameraaman, a human-sized, fully-functioning DSLR camera capturing other costume-wearers.