Keep submitting your awesome travel photography for a chance to be part of our next exhibit in the Crystal City Fotowalk. You have until next Friday, July 27. It’s free to enter, and winners will get to keep their poster-size print.
- See a very special collection of photographs at the Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art, Lawrence A. Fleischman Gallery through July 30. “Pop-up: Photographic Discoveries” features unusual and unexpected findings, from daguerreotypes to digital images, from a recent survey of their holdings to assess preservation needs.
- Head to America’s Islamic Heritage Museum on Sunday, 3 to 5 p.m., for a closing reception and discussion with photographer Cathy Katona.
- A new photo exhibit opens at BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown on Saturday. The reception for Natural Abstractions by Julius Kassovic is 3 to 5 p.m.
- Join Exposed DC alum photographer Amanda Archibald on Sunday, July 29 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Steadfast Supply for a workshop on styling food and drink.
- Fujifilm’s latest film simulation product is Provia 100F…flavored instant noodles.
- A Chilean photographer captures stunning images of volcanic eruptions paired with lightning.
- View the winning images of the 2018 iPhone Photography Awards—the first and longest running iPhone photography competition.
- Guillaume Hebert spends 8-20 hours per image combining his photography with paintings to created blended scenes.
- Drone photography has really taken off, but Australian Photography asks: where are all the female drone photographers?