Summer is officially here! Join us at Blackfinn on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. for our monthly happy hour to escape the heat and enjoy a cool beverage and great conversation about all things photography and beyond. We’ve got lots of other upcoming events to share this week along with some links…
- Head to the Leica Store tonight for the opening of Almost True, by Steven Bollman, 7-9 p.m. A two-day street photography workshop will follow over the weekend.
- Join DC photogs and Exposed alums Albert Ting and Amanda Archibald tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. for a community portrait workshop at The Loren Apartments in Falls Church and a photo walk in the downtown Falls Church neighborhood. They’ll have live portrait models plus drinks and snacks.
- This Sunday, Washington Photo Safari is hosting a session focused on composition that takes inspiration from the photos in the Crystal City Fotowalk, 2:30-5:00 p.m., $79.
- Photographs of demolished London buildings (before their demise) provide an interesting history of the city’s lesser-known areas.
- Tuesday, June 26 is 202Creates Co-Working Day. Join photographers John Harrington, Keith Lane, and Noe Todorovich and entertainment attorney Hardeep Grover for a discussion about the business side of photography from 2-3 p.m.
- Two photographers’ idea to reconstruct classic photos started as a joke but turned into a book.
- 1854 Media and British Journal of Photography are hosting their first ever OpenWalls event with a call for entries on the theme of “Home & Away.” Fifty shortlisted images will be displayed at Galerie Huit Arles in July 2019.
- The New York Times remembers photojournalist Clemens Kalischer who passed away earlier this month at the age of 97.