Join us for our next monthly happy hour, Wednesday, September 27 at Jack Rose Dining Saloon.
- Tonight, head to the opening reception at Leica Store DC for “After the Crisis,” featuring the work of photojournalist Sara May documenting people of Sierra Leone rebuilding after Ebola swept through their communities. 7 to 9 p.m.
- Learn the skills of portrait photography with Exposed DC alum Amanda Archibald during a Portrait Photography workshop with a live model in Adams Morgan this Saturday, 10 a.m., $25.
- The exhibit DC LIQUOR features
- Tomorrow at 2:30 p.m., Washington Photo Safari will be hosting a benefit photo safari to raise money for victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- Mic talks to director of photography Ava Berkofsky of HBO’s hit series Insecure about how she mastered the cinematic lighting of black faces, including some discussion of Kodak’s old Shirley cards that used white women as “standard.”
- If someone in the Nikon marketing department needs help being introduced to female photographers, give us–or literally anyone else on the planet–a call so we can usher you into 2017.
- Check out the winners of the 2017 APA awards in advertising, editorial, photojournalism and more.
- Serene squirrels and hitchhiking seahorses–In Focus has the finalists of the 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest.