- Save the date: July 11th, 6 p.m. for our next Exposed DC Happy Hour, at a location yet to be determined. Stay tuned!
- We’ve added 19 new photos to our “Art in the Everyday” show in the Crystal City Underground Fotowalk. The exhibit now features a grand total of 148 images by 88 local photographers!
- Photoworks Gallery at Glen Echo Park announced a Call for Entries for their 2017 Juried Youth Photography Exhibition. The contest is open to photographers aged 18 and under, and the deadline is July 14, 11:59 p.m.
- When the White House once again barred cameras from a recent press briefing, CNN sent their Supreme Court sketch artist instead.
- Born in 1799, Victorian botanist Anna Atkins brought nature to life with her striking, modern-looking cyanotypes of seaweed and algae.
- Winners of the 10th annual iPhone Photography Awards were announced this week.
- “Eugene Richards Is the Photographer America Needs Now“—Mother Jones looks at a new retrospective of the work of the great American photojournalist.
- People whose pets appear in advertising campaigns or other media don’t tend to make a lot of money, but they do get bragging rights.
- And finally the Call for Entries you’ve all been waiting for—the third annual Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards. Deadline September 30.