We’ve installed the new show at the Crystal City Fotowalk — and the photos look pretty darned gorgeous — so now you just need to come celebrate with us at the opening reception next Friday, November 4 from 5 pm-8 pm!
- Exposed alum Andy Golda has been traveling around Pennsylvania, documenting the people and landscapes of the Keystone State on the eve of the 2016 election. Check out the project’s latest photos on Instagram or Facebook.
- FotoWeekDC yesterday announced their 2016 contest winners. Among the winners are two photographers featured in our new Crystal City Fotowalk exhibit, Kaitlin Jencso (Fine Art – Series) and David Wissman (Photographer’s Choice – Single), and Exposed veteran Chris Suspect (Photographer’s Choice – Series.)
- Photographers are reporting being harassed by private security officers at Union Market. D.C.’s Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice reminds us we can report behavior like this by calling the MPD office that handles private security, 202-671-0500.
- Sharbat Gula, the Afghan woman immortalized by Steve McCurry on the cover of National Geographic magazine in 1985 as a green-eyed 12-year-old has been arrested in Pakistan for holding fake identity papers.
- A photographer for the New York Times was traveling with an Iraqi counterterrorism force when they were hit by a car bomb.
- Dad turns his 6-year-old son’s drawings into reality. Best use of Photoshop. Ever.
- A photo posted to a Facebook group triggered a debate just as furious as that surrounding The Dress – is it Bill Murray impersonating a crying baby, or is it Tom Hanks?
- Two kittens were rescued from fire a by a photographer in North Dakota (video). The rescued animals have been named Pyro and Manny.