You have until midnight tonight to submit images for the next Crystal City Fotowalk. Let’s see all those beautiful and interesting travel photos!
- The New York Times has selected Meaghan Looram as Director of Photography.
- The Drone Awards went through 4,400 entries to select winners across various categories as well as an overall grand prize winner.
- Can AI help judge a photo contest? Huawei is putting its P20 Pro smartphone AI up to the task along with a Leica photographer.
- And speaking of smartphones getting smarter, Sony announced a new 48MP sensor for smartphones earlier this week…watch out DSLRs?
- National Geographic provides a look inside the fascinating world of family circus troupes that tour around Europe.
- A referee used a photographer’s camera as a makeshift VAR in a Copa Perú soccer game.
- Join Exposed DC alum photographer Amanda Archibald this Sunday, July 29 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Steadfast Supply for a workshop on styling food and drink.
- This is the last weekend to catch the very special collection of photographs at the Smithsonian’s Archives of American Art, Lawrence A. Fleischman Gallery. “Pop-up: Photographic Discoveries” features unusual and unexpected findings, from daguerreotypes to digital images, from a recent survey of their holdings to assess preservation needs. The exhibit closes Monday, July 30.